1956 – Don Abrahamson started working for his parents, Louie and Lucille Abrahamson, at their Standard Gas Station located on the southwest corner of Pere Marquette Hwy and US10. Don and his wife, Helen added a wrecker service and changed the name to Abrahamson Sport Center. They started selling snowmobiles, rowboats, Evinrude motors, tires, live bait, and guns.
1974 – Don Abrahamson bought the property and business from his parents, Louie and Lucille Abrahamson.
1979 – Steve Abrahamson bought the property next to the gas station from his parents, Don and Helen Abrahamson, and started operating under Abrahamson Marine Service, LLC. He also added repair service to sterndrives and large inboard vessels.
1990 – Steve formed Abrahamson Marine Inc.
1997 – Steve sold the property to Walgreens and moved Abrahamson Marine Inc. to the Industrial Park on First St.
1998 – Steve built 2 heated storage buildings on First St.
2003 – Steve added the 3rd heated storage building on Second St.
2007 – Steve sold the business to Chris, he then added a 4th heated storage building on Third St.
2012 – Chris formed Sekenske Salvage LLC.
2020 – Chris added a 5th building giving Abrahamson Marine Inc. additional heated storage and repair space.
2022 – Abrahamson Marine Inc. is now doing business as Sekenske Marine.